Best Moving Checklist for Smooth Move
Moving Checklist form made to make your relocation process more smooth and easy, your may read the bellow moving checklist process and download our moving checklist witch is very easy to track and follow, if there any problem getting this moving checklist you may call our office at 847-470-9900 and request mailing, email or fax it to you.
8-12 weeks before moving day
- Contact a Top Class Movers to Scheduled and establish a moving date.
- Start getting rid of items you don’t want to move.
- Try to have a garage sale or donate the items to charity.
- Remove items from storage areas; attic, basement, shed.
- Start packing non-essential and out-of-season items.
- Make a list of everyone to contact with change of address.
- Give notice to local service providers; cleaners, day care, lawn service, health club, alarm company, etc.
- Notify schools of move, request children’s records to be sent to new school.
- Create a file for all moving related documents.
- Start using up stored/frozen foods and cleaning supplies.
4-7 weeks before move Date
- Submit a Change of Address form with your post office.
- Notify friends and family of new address/contact information.
- Compile medical/dental/veterinary records.
- Look for new providers and arrange for the records to be transferred.
- Return borrowed items, collect items borrowed from others.
- Place jewelry and other valuable items in a safety deposit box.
- Get rid of hazardous materials you cannot move; paints, solvents, automotive supplies, drain openers, aerosols, etc.
- Contact companies you do business with to notify them of the change; subscriptions, utilities, insurance, financial, etc.
- Gather items you’ll need during the move; clothing, medications, toiletries.
- Keep separate from packed items.
2-3 weeks before moving day
- Pack all non-essential items. Label moving boxes with contents and room name of where they will go at the new location.
- Return library books, movie rentals. Pick up dry cleaning, items being repaired.
- Make travel arrangements for children/pets/live plants.
- Service your automobile so it’s ready for travel.
- Drain fluids from small engines; lawn mowers, snow blowers, weed trimmers, leaf blowers, chain saws, etc.
- Make a meal plan for last week. Consume as many frozen/ refrigerated and fresh foods as possible.
- Visit local friends, neighbors. Have a going away party.
- Gather all personal records and important documents.
1 week before move
- Finish packing. Mark all boxes for movers.
- Confirm moving details with your mover.
- Empty freezer/refrigerator. Clean oven and other appliances.
- Cancel any remaining services; newspaper, mail, lawn care, day care, etc.
- Disconnect appliances; range, dryer, ice maker, electronics.
- Close bank accounts. Transfer funds to new accounts. Make sure you have enough money with you for movers, and travel.
- Empty safe deposit box(es). Place items is a safe place for transport with you.
- Back up computer files. Carefully pack computer/electronics.
- Pack personal items needed during the move. Keep separate.
- Walk through house with movers, clarifying any special details or packing instructions.
- Check utility meters. Record gas, water, electric readings.
- Clean emptied rooms. Check all closets and storage areas.
- Carefully review bill of lading before moving truck leaves.
- Last minute inspection, walk through entire house.
- Say goodbye to neighbors. Leave contact information.
- Take valuables and important personal records with you.
- Disconnect telephone. Lock all windows and doors.
- Turn off lights. Surrender keys. Shut off furnace, air conditioner, water heater.
- Verify new address with Top Class Moving. Provide contact information
Moving Checklist Downloads
Please feel free to contact Top Class Moving office for any help regard to your moving checklist or anything else, we may fax or email the moving checklist to you at anytime if you like to. please download the bellow moving checklist to help you with your move.